In this episode Evy and Robbie meet Sean O’Callaghan a.k.a. Fat Gay Vegan and learn about his hugely popular and all-encompassing philosophy on veganism, gender roles and equality in general. Sean is a blogger, author and activist who has just finished his first book and also runs a weekly vegan market at Hackney Downs in London. Sean highlights the importance of language when it comes to activism. Also on this episode…
- Sean explains that you don’t need to love animals in order to be vegan. Evy is shocked that he isn’t immediately in love with Puff!
- We learn about Sean's journey to veganism and activism.
- Be a good advertisement for vegans!
- Sean gives advice to a listener on how to talk about veganism to her non-vegan boyfriend.
- Sean suggests that there are some people who would never go vegan.
- We discuss the importance joining a vegan community.
- Robbie gets a lesson on ‘toxic’ masculinity.
- Evy announces the winner of our Magical Christmas Gift Basket, courtesy of Peta2.
- We also launch a new competition to win five copies of Sean’s brand new book!
Sean's New Book (UK): Fat Gay Vegan; Eat, Drink & Live
Sean's New Book (US): Fat Gay Vegan; Eat, Drink & Live
Fat Gay Vegan Twitter: @FatGayVegan
Fat Gay Vegan Instagram: @FatGayVegan
Fat Gay Vegan Facebook: @FatGayVegan
Pat McAuley's vegan podcast on which Robbie mentions he & Evy were guests this week: Eat Green, Make Green Podcast
Momoko Hill: @oh_momoko
Robbie Jarvis: @robbjarvis
Tylor Starr: @tylorstarr
Evanna Lynch: @msevylynch