In this first official episode of the show Evy, Momo and Tylor get together to mull over the different methods of transitioning to a vegan lifestyle and how each of them made the switch. Momo and Evy interview author, activist, speaker, and all-around badass seasoned vegan, Erik Marcus of vegan.com to get his insights on the best advice and the pitfalls experienced when going vegan.
Also on this episode…
- We talk about our initial perceptions of veganism.
- What to do when you fall off the vegan wagon.
- Is the monk in DaVinci code a vegan stereotype???
- The Pillow Chocolate Problem
- How to handle guilt as a new vegan.
- The best advice we got going vegan.
- We share a few alternative ways to become vegan.
- Is vegetarian enough?
- Erik discusses going vegan in the 80s, pre-google, pre online shopping, and the unappetising wonder of perspiring cheese.
- He shares his brilliant ‘crowding out’ method.
- We are reminded to Take your goddam B12!!!!!!
- Erik shares his evolution as an activist and what he deems effective activism.
- ‘The secret of great activism is to listen more than you talk.’
- Erik tries to convince Evy that dark chocolate is not the devil incarnate. (Update: He wasn’t successful).
- Momo and Erik discuss the ‘think global, act local’ concept.
- Erik’s thoughts on a vegan future.